Usually it's only Bart and Wally that have been able to make me laugh out loud, but this one... perfect.
These interactions really make me want to go and grab Superman/Batman in the hopes that Tim and Conner appear there.
I'm not much of a 'talker' so my review is really just a bunch of thoughts I've had regarding this issue...
1. Is is wrong of me to complain that The Flash issue moved too fast? I feel like I'm getting mad at the Pope for being Catholic...
2. Why is Keystone and Central City surrounded by 'The Badlands'??
Wiki describes 'bandlands' as "a type of dry terrain where softer sedimentary rocks and clay-rich soils have been extensively eroded by wind and water. It can resemble malpais, a terrain of volcanic rock. Canyons, ravines, gullies, hoodoos and other such geological forms are common in badlands. They are often difficult to navigate by foot. Badlands often have a spectacular color display that alternates from dark black/blue coal stria to bright clays to red scoria."
For reference here's The Chinle Badlands at Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument in southern Utah:
3. I LOVE the art of The Flash. The way everything is drawn, I could stare at the art for hours and still find new things to appreciate. Even the panels are works of art:
4. So far, I'm liking the redesigns of some of Flash's rogues. Folded man and Girder are looking a lot better than they used to:
5. Like Wally West, I really don't like time travel, so I'm extremely apprehensive about this whole fractures in time thing that Barry's got going on...
Overall, I'm liking the new 52 Flash and while I miss Wally, I'm enjoying this fresh look at things. I think, ultimately, accepting that Wally is not coming back has made all the difference..
No wonder poor Wally had issues replacing Barry with comments like these...
I always found it interesting that Wally had such issues about replacing Barry as the Flash. I certainly enjoyed the character development that came with that issue, however, I never quite 'got' why Wally would feel that way.
Now I know. It's interesting, with everything that's happened in the DC universe, heroes would treat Wally this way. I mean, Barry wasn't technically the REAL Flash either (Jay Garrick anyone?)..